TOP 5 ONLINE TIRE STORES
Making the right decisions when it comes to purchasing tires is imperative. Asides from the engine, the most important aspect of your car are your tires. If they are not strong and sturdy, not only are you putting your own life at risk, but you are also putting the lives of the people who get into your car at risk. Thankfully, shopping at online tire stores has made it easy for consumers to research and purchase the perfect set of tires for their driving habits.
Considerations for Online Tire Store Review
When you are looking for new tires, you can either purchase them directly from a local store, or you can sit in the comfort of your own home and source from top online tire stores. Depending on your preference, making a purchase on the internet is extremely convenient.
Here are some things to consider when looking for tires online:
- Variety: If you are looking for value, purchase your tires from a store that offers a wide variety. Some online stores only sell tires of a specific brand, or they have a very limited amount of brands.
- Terrains and seasons: All states are seasonal, some are more extreme than others but you will need to take terrains and seasons into consideration when purchasing your tires. If you live in a mountainous region you need tires that are suitable for the conditions. So make sure that the tire store has what you need for your environment.
- Size: Make sure that you know the size of your tires, if you don’t have a store in your area, you will have to pay to send them back.
- Safety: The safety of your vehicle is imperative. Make sure that you spend some time researching the company that you are planning on purchasing your tires from. Check for things such as braking, road handling, resistance to hydroplaning and load carrying ability. You should also search for information concerning winter traction and noise and tread wear.
- Comparison shop: Don’t just make a purchase from the first store that has what you are looking for. You might find better quality and a cheaper price elsewhere. Don’t just compare with online stores, also call up some brick and mortar stores and make comparisons.
- Recalls: Regardless of where your tires are purchased, they can get recalled. The National Transportation and Safety Board reported statistics in 2015 stating that many road traffic accidents were as a result of faulty tires and could have been prevented.
All consumers want the cheapest price for their tires. However, safety and quality should be the most important features as it is not worth risking yours or anyone else’s safety because of a few dollars.
Reviews of The Top 5 Online Tire Stores
#1 Tire Buyer Review
Tire Buyer provides a range of helpful features for customers looking to purchase tyres. After conducting your tire search by the make and model of your car, you are also able to select features such as the brand as well as indicate your budget. You can search for tires that are on special offer or are available for free delivery. For customers looking to save money on their purchase, such features offered by this online tire stores, are ideal.
Tire Buyer provides several resources to educate its customers regarding tire selection. There is a learner resource section where you can read guides and articles about tire maintenance and purchasing. There is also a frequently asked questions section that customers can view.
Although Tire Buyer is an online store, they will connect you with a local store in your area where you can pick up your tires as well as have them fitted.
Tire Buyer is an excellent choice for purchasing tires online, for first time customers, they provide plenty of information about how to buy the correct tires for your vehicle. One of their major benefits is that they offer free shipping. Here are some more of their special features:
- Tire coupons and rebates
- Special offers, 10% off a set of 4 wheels, $50 off truck tire orders of more than $500, $10 off more than 2 Carlisle trailer tires
- Winter tires and tire chains available
- Trailer tires available
- A good resource section educating customers on tire features
#2 The Tire Rack Review
The Tire Rack website is simple and easy to navigate, securing its rank as #2 in our top online tire stores reviews. The site provides over 20 different tyre brands in a range of different sizes. They have some very specialized tires and so if you are looking for something very particular, you are sure to find it here.
Searching for tires that meet your particular criteria is made easy with Tire Rack’s search tool. You can search by the model and make of your car or the brand and size of your tires. After entering the required information, you are presented with a list of tyres further allowing you to narrow down your search.
You can sort by price, brand, or performance. Once you have created a list of tyres that you are interested in, you can then read the available reviews and compare prices before making your final decision.
There are several other excellent features available on the site. You can save your search options so that you can access them again when you make your next purchase. You can also use the site to locate a store in your area that will fit your tires.
Despite the simplicity of the site, they provide a superior shopping experience for their customers.
Their search tools provide a range of helpful filtering features to enable customers to locate promotions that will save them money on their purchase. Here are some of the features they have available for customers:
- Over 7,500 independent installers available
- Next day delivery available
- Special offers include $50 mail in rebate, $100 when using a Goodyear credit card, up to 50% off on wheel clearance
- Free tire road hazard protection
- Instant updates, a tire and wheel package
- They have their own specialized test track
#3 Tires-Direct Review
Tires Direct is an online tire store owned by the German company Delticom. They have been in the industry since 1999, which gives them a competitive advantage over other companies in the industry. The website is simple and easy to use with an exhaustive FAQ section providing the answers to all questions that you may have concerning the ordering process. The company also has access to over 40 warehouses within the United States providing a large selection of tires.
Tires Direct claims to have the most competitive prices available. You have got the option of speaking to them directly over the phone or you can contact them by email.
In defense of Tires Direct and some of the negative reviews concerning the aged tires, it is important to have an understanding of industry standards. Whether tires are sold directly from a store or online, tires are shifted through inventory according to the date they were manufactured, logically the oldest tires go first. One of the many features they have available on their website is that they tell you how to find the date of manufacture on the sidewall of the tire.
If customers are not happy with the quality of the tires, they are entitled to a refund if they are returned within 30 days and they haven’t been used. Here are some of their best features:
- Accept PayPal credit as well as all other major credit cards
- Tires direct newsletter
- Tires from as low as $13.10
- Over 2,500 fitting station partners
- Tires for all vehicles including motorcycles, trailers, forklifts and construction vehicles
- Contact them directly by phone or email
- An exhaustive FAQ section
- Knowledge center with 55 different topic related to tires
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Call back service free of charge
#4 Discount Tire Review
A great tire comparison site with storefronts throughout the United States. The layout of the site is very simple, allowing for easy navigation. You can start your search for tires by inputting the size or the brand. You can also search for ATV tires, seasonal tires or trailer tires.
The site also has a search tool enabling you to search according to the model and make of your car. When a customer enters their zip code and they are not located near one of their storefronts you are forwarded to their shipping site DiscountTireDirect.com. Once you are presented with the results page, there are several search and filtering tools to assist you. You can enter search criteria such as price, customer reviews, and brands. You can also use their “Quick Filters” option to search for specialized tires such as “the best sellers for your car,” or “fuel efficient tyres.”
If you live near one of their stores, you can arrange to collect your tires so that you don’t have to pay shipping fees. If not, you will have to make your order on their shipping site. Some of their features include:
- Easy credit – allows you to buy now and pay later.
- Free shipping
- Free mounting and balance
- Winter tires
- Trailer tires
- ATV/UTV Tires
- Contact them by phone or fax
#5 OE Wheels LLC Review
OE Wheels have established a reputation as being America’s favorite wheel distributor. Customers can purchase a set of wheels for their vehicle directly from the manufacturer. They sell wheels on behalf of several manufactures such as BMW, Cadillac GMC and Mercedez Benz.
Customers can purchase a full set of wheels, or a single tire. They also provide a wide range of accessories such as TPMS sensor sets and wheel simulators. Here are some of OE Wheels online tire stores main features:
- You can contact OE Wheels by phone or email
- They accept all major credit cards, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express
- Their products are shipped worldwide
- All new rims have a one year warranty
- They offer a 7 day money back guarantee on all purchases that don’t meet customer standards
- You can view the image of the product you are going to purchase
- All information in regards to specs, fitment and shipping is displayed on the website
- Customers can participate in the best review contest and win a prize
Having your tires fitted
Once you have received your tires, you will need to find a good mechanic to balance and mount them. Just as you compared online tire stores prior to making your purchase you should also do the same when finding a mechanic.
Some of the online tire stores mentioned partner with local stores to fit the tires. However, you should still do your own research.
No matter how good the quality of your tires are they are going to wear out. You can extend the life of your tires by taking some preventative measures.
Make sure all four tires have the correct tire pressure. If any of them are too low, the tire will collapse in the center of the tire and the sides will wear away prematurely. Overinflated tires will cause them to swell up in the center causing the middle of the tire to wear away prematurely. Either one of these scenarios will have a negative effect on traction on the road and gas mileage.
To keep your tire pressure up purchase a pressure gauge and go to an air pump every month. You will find them at the majority of filling stations and they are not expensive. This will save you money on fuel and keep your tires in good condition for a longer period of time. Keeping an eye on your tire pressure will also provide you with an early warning if the tires are damaged in any way.
Finding the cheapest deal on your tires is the easy part; people tend to forget that it is their responsibility to maintain their tires. A failure to keep your tires in good working order could have fatal consequences. Just as oil is changed every 3,000 miles, so should you regularly make sure that your tires are in good condition. If you are unsure of how to do this, take your car to your local garage. Many of the online tire stores reviewed have solid resource sections on their websites that we recommend you check out.